Citizen Action of New York is a grassroots membership organization taking on big issues that are at the center of transforming society – issues like:
- quality education and after-school programs for all our kids
- guaranteed quality, affordable health care
- public financing of election campaigns
- dismantling racism and promoting racial justice
- a more progressive tax system
They look for opportunities to accomplish big changes – not small, incremental reforms. They work to elect progressive candidates to office who are committed to these issues. Their power comes from the grassroots: people coming together to push the edge of the possible.